Orden a Tres podcast
Your favorite ‘practice your Spanish while doing KonMari™’ podcast is back! In this week’s episode we cover the final category of a tidying festival: sentimental items. Ep 8. La quinta categoría del método KonMari™: Sentimentales. You can also listen us on Spotify and Stitcher, and iTunes.
And a bit brain food too:
1. For those who are nostalgic about ink stains and hard-to-read notes, Handwriting: An Elegy and Activation Energy. Full disclosure: I love fountain pens and inks but my handwriting is useful only for private diaries as very few people can decipher it.
2. In case you had missed that US soccer team are awe-inspiring people, NYT is here to inform you: U.S. Women’s Soccer Team Members Are Winners, and Entrepreneurs.
3. This is a bit essentialist but based on – although biased – empirical observation, so read it anyway: 10 Things I’ve Learned as a Queer Woman in the Climate and Energy Fields.
4. I never thought I’d be recommending a Daily Mail link but this is a type of garbage I haven’t seen mentioned elsewhere. Also, being part of the industry that routinely suggests that people discard all the hangers they have and buy a new set of identical ones, ugh… Coat hangers leach cancer-causing chemicals, can’t be recycled and maim wildlife. Why do we ignore the plastic menace every bit as toxic as carrier bags? I don’t really have a good recommendation for a switch, except for sticking with the wood and metal ones as the wire-only are very thin and rarely spark any joy. Oh, and obviously not giving them away for free or hanging underwear…
6. What are the luxury re-buyers coveting? Gucci, Yeezy, Luxury Watches and Sustainability Stand Out in The RealReal’s Annual Resale Report. To add context and a counterpoint, The Real Problem with Fast Fashion. And to get just a glimpse of a thought process in slow fashion, the trials and re-trials around just one garment’s fastening, this – Signature Collection: Late Summer Update.
7. I can’t help but love it when menswear nerds break garments down to the most minute detail (and teach you the vocabulary so you can follow their lead): How To Get A Good White Dress Shirt and The Different Types of Eyelets.
What I was writing about a year ago: 1.5 years of blogging and adjusting expectations. The usual rant about how much I dislike the internets, I should write one soon…
What I was writing about two years ago: Summer 2017 capsule heroes and lessons learned.
What I was wearing two years ago: #whatiwore 2017w37. The only coincidence are the birks because this was that occasions when I took a bunch of bye-bye items for a Greek vacation before letting go… The photos are very cute though!
Have you ever given your items a ‘gift’ or ‘last x wears’ before discarding them? Sometimes it helps… Especially with those items you really know they should go but something sentimental keeps you from taking the final step.